Scientific Advisory Committee
The Scientific Advisory Committee of Fero Foundation is comprised by leading experts in the field of oncological research. Its members participate in the strategic scientific management, ensuring the quality, transparency and scientific rigour of the Foundation’s research activities.
Dr. Josep Tabernero. Head of the Medical Oncology Service at Hospital Vall d’Hebron, Director of Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO). Barcelona.
- Dr. Carlos López-Otín. Professor at the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Department of the Medical University of Oviedo.
- Dra. Laura Soucek. Head of modelling of anti-tumour therapies in mice at Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO). Barcelona.
- Dr. Arkaitz Carracedo. Head Researcher of the Cancer Cell Signaling And Metabolism Lab at Bioscience Cooperative Research Centre (CICbioGUNE). Bilbao.
- Dr. Javier Cortés. Director of Oncology Institute (IOB) and Principal Investigator of the Breast Cancer and Melanoma Group at Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO). Madrid.
- Dr. Andrés Cervantes. Professor of Medicine at the University of Valencia, Head of the Department of Medical Oncology at the University Hospital in Valencia and Director of the Cancer Area at the Institute of Health Research (INCLIVA). Valencia.
- Dr. Oscar Fernández-Capetillo. Head of the Genomic Instability Group and Vice-Head of the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO). Madrid.
- Dr. Eduard Batlle. Head of the Colorectal Cancer Laboratory and Programme Coordinator of the Oncology Program at Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB). Barcelona.
- Dra. Angela Nieto. Principal Investigator at the Cell Movements in Development and Disease Group at Instituto de Neurociencias (CSIC-UMH). Alicante.
- Dr. Ruth Vera. Head of the Medical Oncology Service at Hospital Complex of Navarre (CHN), Specialist in Digestive Tumours and President of the Spanish Society of Medical Oncology (SEOM). Pamplona.
- Dra.Isabel Rubio. Director of the Breast Surgical Oncology Unit at Clinica Universidad de Navarra in Madrid. Specialist in breast surgical oncology and breast pathology. Madrid.
Dr. Ruben Ventura. Scientific Director of Fero Foundation. Barcelona.