Scientific Advisory Committee
The Scientific Advisory Committee of FERO Foundation is comprised by leading experts in the field of oncological research. Its members participate in the strategic scientific management, ensuring the quality, transparency and scientific rigour of the Foundation’s research activities.
Dr. Josep Tabernero. Head of the Medical Oncology Service at Hospital Vall d’Hebron, Director of Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO). Barcelona.
- Dr. Eduard Batlle, Head of the Colorectal Cancer Laboratory and Programme Coordinator of the Oncology Program at Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB). Barcelona.
- Dr. Arkaitz Carracedo, Head Researcher of the Cancer Cell Signaling And Metabolism Lab at Bioscience Cooperative Research Centre (CICbioGUNE). Bilbao.
- Dr. Andrés Cervantes, Professor of Medicine at the University of Valencia, Head of the Department of Medical Oncology at the University Hospital in Valencia and Director of the Cancer Area
- Dr. Oscar Fernández-Capetillo, Head of the Genomic Instability Group and Vice-Head of the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO). Madrid.
- Dr. Núria López-Bigas, Head Researcher of the Biomedical Genomic Group of the Institut de Recerca Biomèdica (IRB). Barcelona
- Dr. Carlos López-Otín, Professor at the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Department of the Medical University of Oviedo.
- Dr. Angela Nieto, Principal Investigator at the Cell Movements in Development and Disease Group at Instituto de Neurociencias (CSIC-UMH). Alicante.
- Dr. Luis Paz-Ares, Head of the Medical Oncology Service at the Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre of Madrid.
- Dr. Aleix Prat, Head of the Medical Oncology Service at the Hospital Clínic of Barcelona.
- Dr. Isabel Rubio, Director of the Breast Surgical Oncology Unit at Clinica Universidad de Navarra in Madrid. Specialist in breast surgical oncology and breast pathology. Madrid.
- Dr. Laura Soucek, Head of modelling of anti-tumour therapies in mice at Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO). Barcelona.
- Dr. Ruth Vera, Head of the Medical Oncology Service at Hospital Complex of Navarre (CHN), Specialist in Digestive Tumours and President of the Spanish Society of Medical Oncology (SEOM). Pamplona.
Dr. Ruben Ventura, Scientific Director of FERO Foundation. Barcelona.