Cookies are small text files stored on your browser when you access websites or applications (apps). You may choose how these cookies are used by changing your browser’s privacy settings. View your browser’s Help section to learn more about cookie management. Bear in mind that our website and applications (Fundació d’Estudis i Recerca Oncológica or Fero) may not work correctly if you reject all cookies.
- Authenticate and identify users of our websites and applications in order to offer them the required services.
- Remember user preferences
- Monitor the usage made of our websites by users in order to improve our service, personalise our content and online services based on each user’s interests and through market research
- Analyse the browsing habits of our users in order to provide more personalised and/or specific messages
Similar Technologies to Cookies
From a technical standpoint, cookies are called « HTTP cookies». There are other technologies which can be used for similar purposes, including local storage of HTML5, to authenticate users, monitor the information shown to each user and remember each user’s preferences.
Website visit counters and embedded scripts
Website visit counters and embedded scripts are other technologies we use on our websites and applications, as well as in some of our emails and messages.
Block cookies on the browser
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but this can be changed by configuring the browser’s settings to block cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer 11, cookies can be blocked by following these steps:
- Click on “Tools” and select “Internet Options”
- Select the “Privacy” tab on the top of the window
- Move the cursor upwards or downwards to select the types of cookies to block
Instructions to block cookies in other browsers are available through the privacy section of each browser.
Bear in mind that, if you block cookies, you will not be able to use some interactive functions of the websites and services of Fundació d’Estudis i recerca Oncològica (FERO).
Delete cookies on the browser
Even if you accept cookies, you may delete them at a later time. For example, on Internet Explorer 11, cookies can be deleted by following these steps:
- Click on “Tools” and select “Internet Options”
- In the “General” tab, on “History”, click on the button “Delete”
- In the pop-up window, tick the box next to “Cookies”
- Click on “Delete”
The instructions to delete cookies in other browsers are available through the privacy section of each browser.
If you delete cookies, the configurations and preferences stored by them, including your advertising preferences, will also be deleted.
Third-party Analytical tools
As described in detail below, many of the websites and online services of Fundació d’Estudis i recerca Oncològica (FERO) and other companies make use of analytical services through third party cookies and website visit counters to gather global statistics regarding the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and other actions. Users may oppose the gathering and use of their data by clicking on the following link:
Google Analytics: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (requires installation of a browser add-on)
Cookies and IP addresses
We may obtain information about your computer, including, when possible, your IP address, operating system and browser, for our management systems. This information is used to compile statistics about actions performed by users while browsing and do not require any kind of identification. For that reason, we may gather information about your general use of the Internet through the use of a cookie stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies contain certain information that is transferred to the hard drive of your computer and which helps us to improve our website and provide better and more personalised services. In summary, they allow us to:
- Conduct a general estimation of the number of visitors and how they use our website.
- Recognise returning users.
- Store information about your preferences in order to personalise our website according to your interests.
- Accelerate your searches.
- We also allow some third parties to gather cookies used on our website. In summary, those cookies allow us to:
- Know the first and last webpage visited and the total number of visits to the website
- Know how long each user spends on each page on our website
- Know how our website it being used
- Know how each session was started, including any searches by keywords, search engine information and references
List of cookies
Below is a list of the cookies used on this website indicating the specific function of each one:
|_utma _utmb _utmc _utmv _utmz|| |
these cookies are used to monitor how users interact with our website. This information is used to compile a report and help improve our website. The information gathered by this cookie is anonymous and only includes information on which pages are visited by the user, their location and the time when they interact with our website.
Click here to obtain more information about these cookies
To obtain more information about cookies in general and how to restrict or block the cookies used by this website, visit aboutcookies.org